Paul College is committed to providing a rich and engaging learning experience for our students. Beginning this spring, we invite students to apply to the new Paul Honors Program. We have set the bar higher and added components that lift the learning experience to a whole new level.
- Must be a Paul College Student
- A 3.4 GPA or higher required at time of application. 3.5 GPA or higher required at graduation.
- Students can only apply during their sophomore spring semester
Rachel Kim, Academic Counselor
Paul College Honors
University of New Hampshire
Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics
10 Garrison Avenue, Suite 101
Durham, NH 03824
University of New Hampshire
The Paul College Honors Program is a total of 10 credits
- Designation and Designation Workshop (2 credits) - Students pick a course to designate as honors and work with the professor to create a special honors project related to the course. The Designation Workshop brings all honors students together to share, build upon and ultimately present their designation work.
- Consulting Project (2 credits)- Designed to broaden perspective and build a bridge to the real world, the Honors Experience pairs students with small businesses across New Hampshire. With the help of the Small Business Development Center, we will identify real world projects and give students a chance to apply their learning.
- Research Seminar (2 credits)- The Research Seminar is dedicated to preparing students to write their honors thesis. The thesis process is broken into steps and students complete a thesis proposal.
- Thesis (4 credits)- The culminating experience of Paul Honors is the thesis. Students apply what they have learned and undertake their own research with the help of a faculty mentor.
Lauren Mattucci graduated in 2017 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics from the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics. She currently works for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as a Financial Institution Specialist, and her interests include the micro and macroeconomic effects of catastrophe insurance, microfinance, and energy efficiency.
Read Lauren's Thesis
Paul College Honors and University Honors
How to Apply
The application process is competitive and based upon grade point average, extra-curricular experiences, and application responses.
To apply, students must complete the online Paul College Honors Application.
Paul College Honors APPLICATION - Applications accepted until May 1st.
- Can I participate in Paul Honors if I haven’t completed University Honors? Yes. Paul Honors can be a standalone program for your last two years of college. Students who complete Paul Honors will graduate with Honors in Major.
- Can I study abroad and still complete Paul Honors? Yes. You can study abroad fall or spring of junior year and still complete the program. Make an appointment with your Academic Advisor to make a four-year plan with Paul Honors and study away opportunities.
- What is the benefit of participating in Paul Honors? The greatest benefit to students is the opportunity to work with a small business in NH and to conduct research as an undergraduate. The Consulting Project provides real value to a NH business and the honors thesis allows students to research independently with the support of a faculty member. These two programs set students apart from their peers, and allow them the flexibility to tailor the curriculum to their interests and goals.
- Do I need to apply for the program if I am in University Honors? Yes. You must apply whether or not you are in University Honors.