Due to COVID-19, registration will be conducted online. Please use your advisor's Canvas site to access important resources and to upload your completed registration form.
In order to better understand the process, consult this workflow.
Registration for fall 2020 will re-open on July 22nd (and not July 8th). Starting on the 22nd, you can use your RAC number to make changes to your schedule in WebCat.
Moving forward due to our new virtual registration process, you can elect to:
- Meet with your advisor for a virtual pre-registration appointment, or
- Opt-out of meeting with your advisor and receive feedback and edits on your registration form via email
- Your registration form will be returned to you two (2) days before your scheduled registration date
You'll indicate your preference on your uploaded registration form!
Class year based on earned credits (for fall 2020, this would be the credits earned at the end of the fall 2019 semester):
- SENIORS (90 or more credits earned)
- JUNIORS (58-89 credits earned)
- SOPHOMORES (26-57 credits earned)
- FIRST YEARS (0-25 credits earned)
Fall 2020 courses:
The registration form and process can be found in your advisor's Canvas group as registration will be conducted virtually due to Covid-19.
- Download your registration form from Canvas (it's also available here)
- Indicate whether you'd like to meet for a registration appointment
- Upload your completed registration form as an assignment in your advisor's Canvas group
UNH allows undergraduate students to register for up to 12 total credit hours. Remember, most summer session courses condense a whole semester's worth of material into five weeks. If you're taking more than one course during the same summer session, be aware of the speed with which course material will be covered!
If you have questions or concerns, reach out to your advisor.
- Most Paul College summer courses have prerequisites and major restrictions, which are listed when you search the courses at courses.unh.edu. You are responsible for checking course pre-requisites. You may be dropped from any course(s) when pre-requisites have not been met.
- Not a Paul student but interested in taking a Paul restricted course over the summer? Contact the Undergraduate Programs & Advising Office (email: email@example.com)
No class or section will be taught if the enrollment does not meet minimum requirements at the end of the registration period. You will be notified if a course is canceled.
Course Load Policy
- Due to the intensive format of January Term, ALL students are limited to registering for one course or a maximum of 4 credits.
- You can read more about this policy on the Registrar's J-Term webpage
What does Degree Works do?
- Shows you what courses you have completed and what they count for (in yellow)
- Shows what courses you are currently registered for (in blue)
- Shows you what requirements you still have left to complete (in red)
- Note: courses that you have transferred into UNH may not be listed correctly. Please contact your academic advisor if you have any questions.
- Allows you to run a "What If" scenario for different majors
How to access Degree Works:
- Go to my.unh.edu and login
- Select Webcat
- Select Student Records
- Select Degree Evaluation
- Select Degree Works - For students first admitted to UNH Fall 2013 and after
You can also use this step-by-step guide to find your Degree Works page in WebCat
- Registration workflow
- Registration form (also found in your advisor's Canvas group)
- How to access Degree Works
- How to determine your earned credit amount
- How to locate your RAC in WebCat
- How to register for classes in WebCat
- How to search for seats in WebCat
- How to view your schedule in WebCat
- How to decipher your schedule in WebCat