Paul College accepts students from other colleges at UNH twice a year (December and June) through a selective application process. Below are the application requirements for students who want to change their major to Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Analytical Economics and Hotel and Hospitality Management.
If you are interested in the Bachelor of Arts in Economics degree, please see the appropriate information on our website.
Spring semester applications will be available online on 5/4/20 via the Paul College Undergraduate Programs Website.
There is a drop down box below labeled "Paul ICT Applications May 2020".
Applications will cease being available at 11:59 pm on 5/17/20.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
1. Be a current, 4-year degree student attending UNH who will have at least 12 credits after the Spring 2020 semester is completed.
2. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
3. Have completed at least two of the following courses at Paul College:
For Business Administration applicants:
ECON 401, 402; ADMN 400, 410, 420, 502, 503
For Analytical Economics applicants**:
ECON 401, 402, 565, 605, 606, 611; ADMN 410, 420
For Hospitality Management applicants**:
ECON 401, 402 (can be used as outside of HMGT required elective); HMGT 401, 405, 554; ADMN 420, 502
**HMGT and ECON students may also count upper level HMGT/ECON courses as part of their completed courses in their applications.
4. Have earned an average of 3.0 in all Paul College courses completed and have no grade less than a C- in any Paul College required course. Preference may be given to those having completed a greater number of Paul College courses with grades of A and B.
5. Have successfully passed Math 420, 422, 424A/B, or Math 425 (or equivalent transfer course). If applying for the Analytical ECON/ECON BS degree, you must have either Math 424A/B, 425 (or an equivalent transfer course).
6. A Paul College course may be repeated only once and no more than two Paul College required courses may be repeated. If a student receives below a C- in a Paul College course, it must be repeated to be eligible for application. ADMN 403, a one credit required course in which the grade assigned is a CR or F (credit or fail), also falls under this repeat rule. If ADMN 403 has already been completed prior to applying to Paul College, you must have earned a grade of CR or you will not be eligible to apply until the course is successfully repeated.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Meeting the above requirements allows a student only to be eligible to apply to Paul College and does not guarantee that a student will be accepted. The intercollege transfer process is competitive and having a good GPA does not automatically gain one admission to the school. Decisions regarding applications will be based on enrollment factors. Admission is granted on a space-available basis.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED TO PAUL COLLEGE:
You will receive an email in later June/early July. At that point, you will need to change your major. You will get further directions with your acceptance letter on how to do that process. We will also attempt to change your classes if needed. You will be contacted if we have questions on a course.
Note: If a student has transferred major required courses from another institution, consultation with Lisa Pappajohn is required to determine if the courses are equivalent to Paul College courses. This normally occurs after acceptance.
IF YOU ARE NOT ACCEPTED TO PAUL COLLEGE:
You will receive an email in later June/early July as well. At that point, it is suggested you meet with your current Academic Advisor to discuss your options. You should work with your current Advisor to help determine if you should apply to Paul College during the following semester or to consider another major.
If you have questions about the transfer process, please email Lisa in the Undergraduate Programs and Advising Office at email@example.com.
* (Current two-year degree or non-degree students must apply through the UNH Admissions Office. Visit http://www.unh.edu/admissions/ for info. Students at UNH-Manchester should contact their UNH-M Academic Counselor to discuss the process to apply to Paul College.)
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to declare the Economics BA, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative UNH GPA of 2.75 or above.
- Have completed both ECON 401 and ECON 402 and earned a grade of B- or above.
- A student may take ECON 605 or 611 and earn a B- or above to replace a lower grade in ECON 401 or 402.
- While transfer courses approved as equivalent may satisfy major requirements, they do not meet declaration criteria. If both intro courses are transferred into UNH, students must complete 2 ECON courses in Paul College with a grade of B- or better.
All current UNH degree program students who wish to declare the Economics BA must complete the online change of major process through Webcat. Non-degree students must apply through the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
PLEASE NOTE: Students can change anytime the major change process is open at UNH with the exception of the following blackout months:
- PAUL Registration Appointment Period: November and April
- First Year Orientation
Students wishing to declare a Bachelor of Science Major in Paul College need to apply through the competitive Paul College Inter-college Application process at the end of each semester (see process above). No special consideration will be given for Economics BA students to enter the BS programs in Paul College.
Current Enrolled Students:
All international and domestic transfer coursework must be approved in advance.
Subject to approval of each individual course, students may transfer from abroad:
- 50% of the coursework for the option
- 30% of the coursework for the major core courses
In total, Paul College students may transfer no more than 50% of their major coursework from domestic and study abroad programs combined.
All major related coursework taken prior to enrolling at UNH must be evaluated by the academic department. This review will determine if the course(s) will satisfy major requirements. Although the university may have accepted credit for your transfer courses, this does not necessarily mean they will satisfy major requirements.
After individual course evaluations:
- Students must complete at minimum of 6 major courses at UNH.
- Students must complete at least 50% of their option coursework at UNH.
- Students may transfer up to 50% of the coursework for the option and no more than 60% of their option and core coursework combined.
Students have up to one semester after matriculation to reconcile transfer credit.
All Students: UNH Transfer Policies
- A grade of “C” or better is required to transfer credit.
- A course taken at another institution may not be used under the University repeated course rule.
- If credit was received for a UNH course equivalent to the course taken at another institution, no transfer credit will be allowed.
Senior Residency Requirement: UNH residence policy states that students must attain the last one-fourth of their credits (generally 32 credits) toward the degree in residence at UNH as a matriculated student. Students seeking to transfer credits that fall into this range must petition to the Academic Standards and Advising Committee through their Dean’s Office, unless they are taking these credits on an approved study abroad or study away program through UNH.
Paul College accepts applications Bachelor of Science degree majors (Business Admn, Analytical Economics, Hotel and Hospitality Management) from students in other colleges at UNH twice a year (December and June) through a selective application process. Spring semester applications will be available online on May 4, 2020.
APPLICATION - May 4, 2020
NOTE: Applications will cease being available at 11:59 p.m. on May 17, 2020.
Please download and complete the application form. Once completed, please EMAIL the completed application to Lisa Pappajohn at firstname.lastname@example.org.