Paul College accepts students from other colleges at UNH twice a year (June and December) through a selective application process. Below are the application requirements for students wanting to change their major to Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Economics and Hospitality Management. If you are interested in the Bachelor of Arts in Economics degree, please click on the tab below for more information.
Application requirements apply to the following majors in Paul College:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Option Areas include: Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Management, Entrepreneurial Studies, Information Systems and Business Analytics, International Business & Economics, or Student-Designed Option.
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Analytical Economics
TO TRANSFER INTO A MAJOR IN PAUL COLLEGE:
1. Students must attend a Paul College application meeting for inter-college transfers. Meetings will be held in December and May. To find out the date, location and times of the meeting, contact Paul College Undergraduate Programs in Suite 101.
2. Be a current, 4-year degree student attending UNH (2-year degree students are not eligible through this process *).
3. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
4. Are presently enrolled in or have completed at least two of the following Paul courses:
- Business Administration applicants: ECON 401, ECON 402, ADMN 400, ADMN 410, ADMN 420, ADMN 502, ADMN 503
- Hospitality Management applicants: HMGT 401, HMGT 405, HMGT 554, ECON 401, ECON 402, ADMN 420, ADMN 502.
- Analytical Economics applicants* : ECON 401, ECON 402, ECON 606, ECON 611, ADMN 410, ADMN 420
5. Have earned an average of 3.0 in all Paul College courses completed and have no grade less than a C- in any required course. Preference may be given to those having completed a greater number of Paul College courses with grades of A and B.
PLEASE NOTE: A Paul College course may be repeated only once and no more than two Paul College required courses may be repeated. ADMN 403, a one credit required course in which the grade assigned is a CR or F (credit or fail), also falls under this repeat rule. If ADMN 403 has already been completed prior to applying to Paul College, you must have earned a grade of CR or you will not be eligible to apply to Paul College until the course is successfully repeated.
6. Have successfully passed Math 420, MATH 422, Math 424 A/B, or Math 425 (or equivalent transfer course). *If you are applying for the Analytical Economics major you MUST have completed MATH 424A/B or MATH 425.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Meeting the above requirements allows a student only to be eligible to apply to Paul College and does not guarantee that a student will be accepted into Paul College.
If you have questions about the transfer process, please contact email@example.com.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to declare the Economics BA, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative UNH GPA of 2.75 or above.
- Have completed both ECON 401 and ECON 402 and earned a grade of B- or above.
- A student may take ECON 605 or 611 and earn a B- or above to replace a lower grade in ECON 401 or 402.
- While transfer courses approved as equivalent may satisfy major requirements, they do not meet declaration criteria. If both intro courses are transferred into UNH, students must complete 2 ECON courses in Paul College with a grade of B- or better.
All current UNH degree program students who wish to declare the Economics BA must complete the online change of major process through Webcat. Non-degree students must apply through the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
PLEASE NOTE: Students can change anytime the major change process is open at UNH with the exception of the following blackout months:
- PAUL Registration Appointment Period: November and April
- First Year Orientation
Students wishing to declare a Bachelor of Science Major in Paul College need to apply through the competitive Paul College Inter-college Application process at the end of each semester (see process above). No special consideration will be given for Economics BA students to enter the BS programs in Paul College.
All meetings will take place in PAUL 203.
- Tuesday, February 19 - 11:00 AM
- Thursday, March 21 - 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 16 - 2:00 PM
Application meetings will be held on the following dates for current 4-year degree* students interested in transferring into a Bachelor of Science major in the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics:
Tuesday, May 7: 1:00 pm PAUL 215
Wednesday, May 8: 11:00 am PAUL 215
Students** must attend ONE of the above meetings in order to apply to Paul College. Students must have already met all transfer eligibility requirements to attend.
Paul College application only majors:
Business Administration (BS)
Hospitality Management (BS)
Analytical Economics (BS)
The next Paul College inter-college transfer student application period will be in December 2018 (these applications will be reviewed over winter break after Fall 2018 grades have been processed).
Current Enrolled Students:
All international and domestic transfer coursework must be approved in advance.
Subject to approval of each individual course, students may transfer from abroad:
- 50% of the coursework for the option
- 30% of the coursework for the major core courses
In total, Paul College students may transfer no more than 50% of their major coursework from domestic and study abroad programs combined.
All major related coursework taken prior to enrolling at UNH must be evaluated by the academic department. This review will determine if the course(s) will satisfy major requirements. Although the university may have accepted credit for your transfer courses, this does not necessarily mean they will satisfy major requirements.
After individual course evaluations:
- Students must complete at minimum of 6 major courses at UNH.
- Students must complete at least 50% of their option coursework at UNH.
- Students may transfer up to 50% of the coursework for the option and no more than 60% of their option and core coursework combined.
Students have up to one semester after matriculation to reconcile transfer credit.
All Students: UNH Transfer Policies
- A grade of “C” or better is required to transfer credit.
- A course taken at another institution may not be used under the University repeated course rule.
- If credit was received for a UNH course equivalent to the course taken at another institution, no transfer credit will be allowed.
Senior Residency Requirement: UNH residence policy states that students must attain the last one-fourth of their credits (generally 32 credits) toward the degree in residence at UNH as a matriculated student. Students seeking to transfer credits that fall into this range must petition to the Academic Standards and Advising Committee through their Dean’s Office, unless they are taking these credits on an approved study abroad or study away program through UNH.