Frequently Asked Grad Questions

Application Questions

How do I apply to a UNH graduate business program?

You can visit our online application here.

    What are the application deadlines?

    Deadlines vary by program. Refer to your program page of choice for application requirements and deadlines.

    I am a current UNH student - how should I submit my transcripts?

    We can obtain your transcripts internally when you apply, so you do not need to submit requests for them.

    How do I know if you have received my transcript/GRE scores/etc.?

    You can view your application checklist in your application portal online. You can also reach out to the Graduate School directly to ask about the status of your mailed-in materials at Please note it may take up to 3-10 business days for updates to reflect in your application portal checklist depending on the time of year.

    Are there any essay length requirements?

    The essays help the Admissions Committee get to know who you are beyond your transcripts and resume. Answers typically range anywhere from 1 to 2 pages; however, there are no length requirements.

    Do you accept unofficial English Proficiency Score reports?

    No. Official English Proficiency Score reports must be sent directly from the testing agency to our UNH Graduate School. We accept TOEFL, IELTS, and Duolingo. More information regarding English Proficiency can be found here on our Test Scores webpage.

    Do you offer scholarships to international students?

    Most scholarships are merit-based; apply early to be considered.

    Does my time in the military count as work experience?


    Where can I learn more about tuition and financial aid?
    You can view our  tuition breakdown here. For questions about applying for financial aid, please contact the financial aid office

    GMAT/GRE Questions

    Do you accept unofficial GMAT/GRE scores?
    No. Official score reports must be sent to the UNH Graduate School via the testing center. For ETS, our CEEB code is 3918. 
    I got a low GMAT/GRE score. Does that automatically disqualify me?
    No. Not everyone is a good test taker. This is why we take a portfolio approach for each applicant. We consider all parts of the application including your transcripts, your resume, your essay questions, etc. before deciding on admission. 
    What programs require the GMAT/GRE?
    MS Business Analytics - GRE or GMAT scores are required
    MS Accounting - GMAT scores are required unless you are/were an Accounting major at an AACSB-accredited college (like UNH Paul College) with a minimum 3.2 GPA, and/or have 2+ years of accounting experience in which case you can request a waiver
    MS and Ph.D. Economics - GRE scores are required
    MBA - Not required
    MS Finance - Not required

    Program Questions

    How many credits does the program consist of?
    MBA: 48
    MS Business Analytics: 36
    MS Finance: 30
    MS Accounting: 30
    MS Economics: 32-35
    Graduate certificate: 12
    How long does it take to graduate?
    9-12 months: Full-Time MBA, MS Economics, MS Accounting, MS Finance, MS Business Analytics
    18-42 months: Part-Time/Online MBA
    2-3.5 years: Part-Time MS Business Analytics, MS Accounting for non-accounting majors
    5-6 years: PhD Economics
    Do I have to choose a specialization for the MBA?
    No. You can choose to take any electives that fit your schedule and for which you have completed any pre-requisites.
    Can I transfer classes from another institution?
    A maximum of eight credits (normally two courses) may transfer and be used towards satisfying degree requirements. All courses presented for transfer credit must have been completed with a grade of B or better and taken for graduate credit at an AACSB-accredited institution. (However, if the credit was utilized in another degree it cannot be considered.)
    To request transfer credit you must submit a copy of the syllabus from when you took the course along with your application which will require official transcripts. The syllabus should include the topics covered, assignments, and textbook information. Copies of syllabi can be sent to Once we have all the necessary documents, we will review the transfer credit request.
    Can I try a class before I enroll?
    Yes. You will need permission to take the course as a non-degree student. If approved, you will enroll through the Registrar's office and your credits will count toward your degree. To request permission, please send us an email with the class you’d like to take. You should include a copy of your transcripts and resume to Someone from our office will contact you within 48 hours with next steps. NOTE: Enrolled students are given priority registration.  Non-degree classes are not eligible for financial aid.