The Internship Opportunity Fund provides up to $2,500 stipends to strengthen the career readiness of our students and the quality of their career outcomes. It was established to help students take advantage of high-quality internships in expensive metropolitan areas or at non-profit, social enterprise or start-ups that may not be able to provide a stipend.
The Internship Opportunity Fund is supported by the generous contributions of the Paul College Dean’s Advisory Board and additional Paul College alumni and friends.
- Students must be in good standing with both Paul College and the university.
- Students who have secured an internship that is relevant to their career goals will be given priority. Students who have an internship targeted with inquires in process may also apply.
- Internship location (company/organization) must provide a high-quality learning opportunity related to the student’s career aspirations.
- Internship must require at least 30+ hours a week and last for at least 8 weeks. (Summer requirement only)
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Students must have attended two (2) Paul College career events before the application date.
2. Essay (no more than 500 words) answering the following questions:
Why is this internship important for your career goals?
Why do you consider this to be a high-quality internship?
How will these funds enable you to pursue the internship you desire?
Specify the amount you are requesting, up to $2,500.
Provide specific detail stating how the money will be used and why these funds will support your pursuit of this internship
3. One letter of recommendation by a faculty or staff member, and/or an employer
4. Verification of an internship offer – or submit descriptions of 2-4 internships you are actively pursuing
The Paul College Dean's Executive Advisory Board, Dean Lucy Gilson and a committee of Paul College faculty and staff will screen final applicants.