Gain real world experience for real world success
The Business in Practice (BiP) program enhances Paul College’s rigorous academics by bridging the gap between theory and practical application. Through experiential learning and hands-on projects, you work directly with industry leaders and companies, and learn by doing. The program empowers you to acquire a deeper grasp with real business experience and responsibilities, giving you the tools, skills and know-how to launch a successful and meaningful business career.
The program is designed to be flexible and optimizes your skill level in key competency areas most valued by employers.* Engage with industry leaders, gain valuable experience and build your resume with the BiP program.
*According to National Association of College and Universities (NACE) and Future Work Skills 2020 report published by the Institute for the Future.
Associate Dean of Academic Programs
Phone: (603) 862-3336
Business in Practice Program
Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics
10 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824
University of New Hampshire
CURRICULUM & REQUIREMENTS
You will take a minimum of four courses, one in each of the core competency areas:
- Social intelligence - ability to navigate complex social relationships and environments.
- Analytical intelligence - ability to analyze and evaluate ideas, solve problems and make decisions.
- Competitive intelligence - ability to gather, analyze and distribute information and ideas about products, customers, competitors or the external environment.
- Professional intelligence - ability to achieve professional success.
- An array of 2-credit course offerings taught primarily by industry professionals
- Courses incorporate current business data and practices
- Build your resume with acquired business tools, skills and certifications
- Dynamic, individual and team-based experiences similar to what is encountered in an actual business environment
- Immersive 7-week terms delivered as face-to-face, virtual or hybrid courses
- Credit for experiential learning opportunities such as: internships, study abroad and applicable Paul College student organizations
Explore Program Details