Turn your ideas into opportunities!
The Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to showcase their research at the annual Undergraduate Research Conference (URC). Through original research and valuable guidance from mentors, students gain a deeper academic knowledge as well as professional experience. This URC event includes poster presentations, oral presentations, and feedback from University and business leaders.
- WEDNESDAY - APRIL 20, 20165
Charles & Miriam Nelson Poster Competition
12:00 - 2:00 PM
Established with a gift from Charles & Miriam Nelson, this poster competition gives students an opportunity to showcase their research into entrepreneurship.
- FRIDAY - APRIL 22, 2016
PaulPPAUL College URC Oral & Poster Sessions
10:00 AM - 1:30 PM (See Individual Session Schedule Below)
Students will present posters and give oral presentations showcasing the results of their scholarly, engaged, and creative research projects.
Bud Albin Challenge Round
1:00 - 4:00 PM Presentations
In the Bud Albin Challenge, students will present advanced research and a plan for starting or enhancing a business to a panel of industry judges.
- WEDNESDAY - MAY 11, 2016
Holloway Prize Innovation-to-Market Competition
1:00 - 5:30 PM
Paul College Auditorium (G75)
The final stage of the Holloway Prize Innovation-to-Market Competition, established to honor New Hampshire entrepreneur Paul J. Holloway, highlights select individuals or teams who present well-defined research as a plan to bring an innovative product or service to market.
PAUL COLLEGE URC POSTER AND ORAL SESSION SCHEDULE: FRIDAY - APRIL 24th
AM SESSION (10:00 - 11:30 AM)
BREAK - 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
PM SESSION (12:00 - 1:30 PM)
Students participating in the Charles and Miriam Poster Competition, Bud Albin Challenge and Holloway Prize Competition will be emailed specific instructions.
SPREAD THE WORD!
You’ve worked hard towards this day – now let’s get the word out to your family, friends, professors and your hometown! We encourage all students to utilize two great services to spread the word about your upcoming presentation.
UNH URC Email Invitation
Submit your last name to get a customized invitation with your presentation information to send to your family, friends and professors.
UNH Media Relations recognizes and celebrates the achievements of our students by sending news of accomplishments to students' hometown newspapers.
- Poster Guidelines: Creating and Printing a Poster
- The Undergraduate Research Conference (URC) website provides tips for conducting oral presentations and creating posters. Note that specific requirements listed on the URC website may be different from those for the Paul College URC. Check with your faculty advisor.
- Building a Poster Using PowerPoint: A Guide to Using PowerPoint to Present Your Research as a Large-format Poster. This detailed, multi-page guide will steer you through creating a poster, regardless of whether or not you use PowerPoint.
- UNH CIS Academic Technology Tips on Making a Poster: A Baker's Dozen for research conferences and presentations
- The Connors Writing Center provides free one-on-one presentation assistance to students.
- View the URC Poster Printing Guide. Posters can be printed on campus at UNH Printing Services, ESRC Poster Printing Services, and UNH Photo Services. In addition, the URC maintains a list of off-campus printers.
- Intellectual property protection, copyright, patent and trademark basics articles by Thomas G. Field, Jr., Professor of Law, UNH School of Law.
- Additional Resources for students competing in the Holloway Prize Innovation-to-Market Competition can be found at http://paulcollege.unh.edu/node/843.
INFORMATION SESSION - UNH PRINTING SERVICES
Presentation given by Darlene Smith of UNH Printing Services on tips for creating successful research poster presentations providing good poster examples. (Note: The files are large and may take a little time to download.)
INFORMATION SESSION ONE-PAGE SUMMARY - Summary of the information shared at the March 26th Information Session with UNH Printing Services, Parker Media Lab and the Connors Writing Center.
URC PRINTING REQUIREMENTS
Students presenting at the Paul College URC event are required to have a 32x40 poster (matte or semi-gloss) that is mounted to foam core. Mounting to foam core is an additional procedure done at the printing services location. Printing your poster and then gluing/stapling/tacking it to poster board or foam board does not qualify. Students who do not follow this requirement will not receive the full poster reimbursement. Please see the URC Poster Printing Guide for further information. Students also presenting posters for the Charles & Miriam Nelson Poster Session should follow the guidelines for the Holloway Competition.
URC PRINTING REIMBURSEMENTS
All students presenting at the Paul College URC event will be reimbursed up to $50 towards the cost of printing their required poster. Students must have their posters mounted to foam core (see above) in order to receive full reimbursement. Students will receive only one $50 reimbursement per team – NOT per team member.
All reimbursements are subject to the student/team presenting at the Paul URC event on Friday, April 22. Those students/teams who do not show up to present on the day of the event will not be eligible for the reimbursement.
To receive the reimbursement, all students will be required to submit an ORIGINAL RECEIPT to Sarah Daigle along with an expense report form. Forms and receipts will only be accepted AFTER the Paul URC event to ensure student participation. Please contact Sarah Daigle (email@example.com) or for further information.
The Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics is located at 10 Garrison Avenue, Durham, NH.
- Directions and Parking (UNH is located off of NH Route 4)