Paul College COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Covid-19 Updates and Resources
The faculty and staff here at Paul College want to keep you informed as we transition to remote learning, a first for many of us. Similar to UNH's COVID-19 Updates and Resources webpage, this page will serve as a place for you to find Paul College specific updates, important information, and resources.
We're here for you and we're all in this together!
COMMUNICATIONS TO STUDENTS
Information for Graduate Students
The UNH Graduate School has created this website to communicate information, updates and resources for all Graduate students.
Undergraduate Programs and Advising Office
Registration Message 3.27.20
Good afternoon everyone, Everyone in the office really misses you! During our daily Zoom calls, you’re our #1 topic of conversation. :)
In light of the many changes you are all adjusting to, our office is trying to keep things as “normal” as we can for you with fall registration. Please see below for the steps for success:
How do I get my RAC information?
- A registration Canvas page will be created by your advisor
- Juniors and seniors by credit will be enrolled by Monday in the Canvas course
- Sophomores will be enrolled by the end of next week
- There are 3 steps to follow within the Canvas course to get your RAC #/day/time:
- Review the modules
- Complete the current registration form
- Submit as a homework assignment in Canvas to your advisor
Why can’t I find my course number in time & room?
- Many course numbers have changed within the Paul curriculum
- We have created a slide deck to help! Please see here.
More complete information will be shared via Canvas announcement. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your advisor.
Hello Paul Students!
It’s Virtual Insanity: Paul College Walk-Ins Edition!
The Undergrad Programs & Advising Office will continue to offer walk-in hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays!
- Who: YOU!
- Where: Online via Zoom…use this link!
- When: Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM EST
If you want to stop by walk-ins, use this link to jump into our online walk-in queue (same link as above). We appreciate your patience as we navigate this new world—you may be placed in the online “waiting room” until someone can see you. Thanks in advance for your understanding!
We’ll see you soon (use of cameras is highly encouraged!),
Paul Undergrad Programs & Advising Office
Hello Paul Students!
We would like to officially welcome you back from spring break! We know that things are going to be different and challenging over the next few weeks and we will continue to support through the transition and the remaining weeks of the semester. We wanted to provide some updates to you regarding advising operations; we are all working remotely and the best way to reach us will be via email, either to your assigned advisor or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim for a 24 business hour response time. As email will be the primary method of communicating please check your UNH email at least on a daily basis at a minimum.
We will continue to use myWildCat Success for students to schedule virtual appointments.
- myWildCat Success: https://unh.campus.eab.com/
When you make your appointment, a ZOOM link will be part of your confirmation screen!
- We plan to continue “walk-in hours” on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2-4pm for now. These hours will be adjusted if needed.
- We are working on the best way to conduct these hours and will be in touch with more information.
- We will be working with you virtually and via Zoom to get your fall schedule set and release your RAC numbers online.
- We are currently creating a Canvas page that will have all of the registration information you need (and more) to submit your registration paperwork for advisor review.
- We will begin this process first with rising seniors on April 1st and then continue with other classes later in the month.
- You can find Webcat Registration Dates here.
- Summer term registration has been delayed until April 1st.
- We’ll send out more information about summer term classes early next week.
Here are some resources that we encourage you to check out as we begin remote instruction:
- UNH COVID 19 Updates and Resources
- UNH guidance and FAQ on transitioning to online environment
- Tips for Succeeding as an Online Learner
As are many, we are working through new processes to make sure that you have everything you need to continue your education. Please reach out with any questions you have!
Undergraduate Programs and Advising Office
Career and Professional Success Office (CaPS)
Paul CaPS- Virtual Support! 3.23.20
Paul CaPS- Virtual Support!
Within the Career and Professional Success team, we know that many of you are thinking about future internships and jobs—and aren’t quite sure what to do with uncertainty surrounding your search, interviews, and the availability of services from Career and Professional Success.
We want to reassure you that we are here to support you throughout this time. You should NOT stop applying for jobs/internships, planning for summer internships, and engaging with potential employers.
As we transition our services online for the coming weeks, please read this note as it provides you with links and helpful information. You can also find this information here: unh.edu/career/virtual
- Utilize Career Technologies already in place:
We offer a number of websites and platforms at all times that you can use to have your resume reviewed, practice interview techniques, network with alumni, learn about career options around the world, and more!
To see all of these tools, visit. unh.edu/career/technology.
- Schedule career counseling appointments on Handshake (via Zoom):
Career appointments will be hosted virtually using Zoom and scheduled through Handshake.
Log in to Handshake to schedule an appointment like you would at any other time.
- Once you’ve selected your appointment category and type, you’ll see an option to select your Appointment Medium, which will default to "Video Call." Appointments will be completed using Zoom.
- In the appointment confirmation email (sent to your UNH email), you will receive both a link and a phone number for the Zoom meeting (you can join by phone call or from a computer). Upon clicking on the link, you'll be entered in a virtual waiting room until the counselor lets you into the meeting.
- For troubleshooting with Zoom, click here.
- Career Drop-In Hours will not be held until in-person classes resume.
- If you already have an appointment scheduled, your career team member will be in touch with you directly to share a virtual appointment Zoom link.
- Attend online employer events:
Many employers are shifting all recruiting activities to online and virtual sessions. These continue to be found through Handshake under the "Events" tab.
As we all adapt and adjust to this change in the UNH experience, we want you to know that we continue to be your partners in building your professional success!