The Internship Opportunity Fund strengthens the career readiness of our students and the quality of their career outcomes. The fund provides $2,500 stipends to students who need additional funding to take advantage of high-quality internships in expensive metropolitan areas or for students interning in a non-profit, social enterprise or start-up that may not be able to provide a stipend.
The Internship Opportunity Fund is supported by the generous contributions of the Paul College Dean’s Advisory Board and additional Paul College alumni and friends.
Who is eligible? What internships qualify?
- Students must be Paul College juniors in good standing with both Paul College and the university
- Students who have secured an internship location that is relevant to their career goals will be given priority. Students who have an internship location targeted with inquires in process may also apply.
- Internship location (company/organization) must provide a high-quality learning opportunity related to the student’s career aspirations.
- Internship must require at least 30+ hours a week and last for at least 8 weeks.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Students must have attended two (2) Paul College career events before the application date.
Students must submit the following by the application deadline:
- Complete essay (no more than 500 words) answering the following questions:
- Why is this internship important for your career goals?
- Why do you consider this to be a high-quality internship?
- How will these funds enable you to pursue the internship you desire?
- Provide specific detail stating how the money will be used and why these funds will support your pursuit of this internship.
- Submit one letter of recommendation by a faculty or staff member, and/or an employer.
- Students need to provide verification of an internship offer or submit descriptions of 2-4 internships they are actively pursuing. The Paul College Dean's Executive Advisory Board, Dean Merrill-Sands and a committee of Paul College faculty and staff will screen final applicants.
UPLOAD APPLICATIONS no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 8, 2018.
Recipients will be notified by Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Clark, Director of Paul College Career and Professional Success at Kimberly.Clark@unh.edu or stop by 104 Paul College.