UNH alumnus Peter T. Paul funded these scholarships to support and recognize the most academically promising students majoring in business administration, economics and hospitality management. When you apply* to major in academic programs at Paul College, you are automatically considered and notified at the time of admission. The $5,000 scholarships are awarded in addition to other UNH merit aid. They may be renewed annually for up to four years provided you maintain academic standards detailed in the offer letter.
*Apply to UNH Admissions by Feb. 1 to be considered for the Peter T. Paul Scholars scholarships (no separate scholarship application process).
Competitive applicants for this award generally:
- Rank in the top 15% of their graduating class (or equivalent level for unranked schools, as determined by GPA and/or information on the school profile)
- Show a strong college preparatory curriculum and consistent achievement
- Achieve standardized test scores of 1300+ SAT / 27+ ACT composite
These are minimum criteria to be considered for the Peter T. Paul Scholarship. Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee an award as the pool of applicants is competitive and the number of scholarships limited.
Additional benefits for this select group of scholars include, but are not limited to:
- Expanded academic and career readiness support from academic advisors and Paul College career counselors.
- Priority access to hands-on collaborative research opportunities with faculty mentors.
- The option to join a designated living/learning community in a residence hall near the Paul College building.