The Business in Practice (BiP) program enhances Paul College’s rigorous academics by bridging the gap between theory and practical application. Through experiential learning and hands-on projects, you work directly with industry leaders and companies, and learn by doing. The program empowers you to acquire a deeper grasp with real business experience and responsibilities, giving you the tools, skills and know-how to launch a successful and meaningful business career.
The program is designed to be flexible and optimizes your skill level in key competency areas most valued by employers.* Engage with industry leaders, gain valuable experience and build your resume with the BiP program.
*According to National Association of College and Universities (NACE) and Future Work Skills 2020 report published by the Institute for the Future.
Associate Dean of Academic Programs
Phone: (603) 862-3336
Business in Practice Program
Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics
10 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824
University of New Hampshire
CURRICULUM & REQUIREMENTS
You will take a minimum of four courses, one in each of the core competency areas:
- Social intelligence - ability to navigate complex social relationships and environments.
- Analytical intelligence - ability to analyze and evaluate ideas, solve problems and make decisions.
- Competitive intelligence - ability to gather, analyze and distribute information and ideas about products, customers, competitors or the external environment.
- Professional intelligence - ability to achieve professional success.
- An array of 2-credit course offerings taught primarily by industry professionals
- Courses incorporate current business data and practices
- Build your resume with acquired business tools, skills and certifications
- Dynamic, individual and team-based experiences similar to what is encountered in an actual business environment
- Immersive 7-week terms delivered as face-to-face, virtual or hybrid courses
- Credit for experiential learning opportunities such as: internships, study abroad and applicable Paul College student organizations
Explore Program Details