Using Financing to Unleash the Power of Franchising in the Social Sector
Oct. 28, 2020
CONFERENCE WEBINAR RECORDINGS/VIDEOS
CONFERENCE WELCOME REMARKS | HACHEMI ALIOUCHE, MARLA ROSner (13:23 VIDEO)
KEYNOTE INTRO. & PRESENTATION | Q&A: JULIE MCBRIDE, MARC BLUMENTHAL (1:02:52 VIDEO)
KIDOGO PRESENTATION | Q&A: SABRINA HABIB (31:15 VIDEO)
This 2020 case study provides an overview of Kidogo, an innovative East African social enterprise that is harnessing the power of social sector franchising. Kidogo combines best-practice early childhood Centres of Excellence best practices with a social franchising method that supports the quality improvement and growth of local childcare micro-businesses.
JIBU PRESENTATION | Q&A: GALEN WELSCH, WALTER TUKAHIIRWA (59:19 VIDEO)
This 2017 case study provides an overview of the business model, operations, and approaches of the social sector franchise, Jibu. Jibu seeks to simultaneously provide lasting access to affordable drinking water and to contribute to economic development through a network of locally-owned franchise businesses in East Africa and beyond.
UNJANI CLINICS PRESENTATION | Q&A: LYNDA TOUSSAINT (24:31 VIDEO)
Unjani Clinic is a network of black women owned and operated primary healthcare clinics that provide accessible, affordable and quality healthcare to communities in low income areas. It is an innovative model to address the inequality which exists between private and public healthcare services in South Africa.
CONFERENCE WRAP-UP & CLOSING THOUGHTS: HACHEMI ALIOUCHE, PETER D. HOLT (6:59 VIDEO)
- Dr. E. Hachemi Aliouche, Director, Rosenberg International Franchise Center (Peter T. Paul College of Business, University of New Hampshire)
- Marla Rosner, Senior Learning Consultant, MSA Worldwide; Chair, International Franchise Association Social Sector Franchising Task Force
- Julie McBride, Founder & CEO, Stage Six
- Marc Blumenthal, Founder, Social Ventures Foundation
- Galen Welsch, CEO, Jibu
- Walter Tukahiirwa, Franchisee, Jibu
- Sabrina Habib, Co-Founder, Kidogo
- Lynda Toussaint, CEO, Unjani Clinics
- Peter D. Holt, President & CEO, The Joint Chiropratic; Vice-Chair, International Franchise Association Social Sector Franchising Task Force