Certify your leadership potential in just three two-day sessions. Get maximum impact in a manageable format.
The Leadership Certificate Program acts as an accelerator for extraordinary results in your current role and an incubator for seizing future opportunities.
Dr. Bill Hassey leads the certificate program with contributions from hand selected members of the Paul College faculty. Participants can expect an outstanding academic experience with instructors who have a proven track record working with the business community.
The Leadership Certificate Program delivers concepts through a problem-solving framework rich in self-assessment, instruction, coaching, and practice. The tools participants take-away apply to situation after situation and role after role. Participants explore strategies for success in motivation, emotional intelligence, leading change, conflict management, coaching, and much more.
Three intensive two-day sessions are spread out to allow maximum absorption, application, and renewal of concepts covered. Participation in all six days is required for certification.
Block 1: Managing Yourself and Leading Others
Block 2: Leading High Performing Teams
Block 3: Leading Your Organization
Take your leadership potential to the next level.
Learning begins after you enroll and before you arrive on campus for Day One. You will complete a 360-degree assessment called the Emotional and Social Intelligence Inventory. You will meet with your sponsor, probably your manager, to set program goals and select a Strategic Application Project.
First two days
Managing Yourself and Leading Others Through a rigorous 360-degree evaluation process you will gain a unique understanding of your strengths, weaknesses and management potential from the perspective of your boss, your peers, and your direct reports. You will also take leadership and conflict-management assessments that provide further insights into leadership style. This opening session is the foundation for the entire certificate program. You'll learn proven techniques in communication, influence, emotional intelligence, coaching, delegation, and much more.
- Assessment: MBTI - how you see the world and make decisions
- Challenging situational leadership lecture and practice
- Explore the development of your own emotional intelligence
Select a team and, as a group, take assessments that provide deep analysis of your team emotional intelligence, style, and effectiveness. Receive layers of instruction on team dynamics. You'll also meet with your one-on-one Executive Development Programs coach.
Second two days
Leading High performing Teams You'll experience learning through interactive sessions and discover the themes of team dynamics first hand. Engage in problem solving through perspective diversity, out-of-the-box thinking, and risk taking to create memorable team tactics that transfer easily back to your on-the-job teams. Teamwork personifies business today. Leadership requires superior team management skill.
- Assessment: Team Emotional Intelligence
- Lecture-lite experiential learning
- Fearless conflict management models that work
Bring your Team Assessment results back and share them with your team. Apply lessons from team dynamics to your Strategic Application Project.
Third two days:
Leading Your Organization Lead from any rung on the corporate ladder. Leadership means that you build relationships, act strategically, enact change, and negotiate for success. These key leadership skills all have models that can be learned, practiced, and implemented.
- Gain the skills you need to lead and execute a strategic plan
- Develop negotiation skills that dramatically improve outcomes
- Finish with an Individual Development Plan in hand
With an assessment and data-driven Individual Development Plan in hand, participate in your second one-on-one coaching session to discuss implementation of your Strategic Application Project
High potential leaders have called this program “awesome”, “better than my expectations”, “a completely new perspective.”
It's twenty unique sessions woven together and experienced over the course of six days. The Leadership Certificate Program combines lectures, assessment, and discussion with a variety of experiential learning opportunities that leave the old-school academic environment behind.
Standard fee: $5,900.00
Standard Early Bird registration (six weeks in advance): $5,310.00
Scholarship: $2,750 – Application required, limited number.
- If you are sending 3 or more participants, contact us for pricing, firstname.lastname@example.org // 603-862-5203
- If you are sending 5 or more participants, sponsor this program.
Program fee: Includes tuition, digital program materials, assessments including the 360-degree survey, two one-hour one-on-one coaching session, lunch and snacks.
Thursday and Friday, May 11 and 12
Wednesday and Thursday, June 7 & 8
Tuesday and Wednesday, June 20 & 21
Our Executive Development Programs staff is happy to assist you with selecting, enrolling in, and attending this program. Please feel free to contact us at 603-862-5203, email@example.com or use our contact form.
Classes are held in a state of the art classroom situated in the heart of
Peter T. Paul College of Business & Economics
University of New Hampshire Campus
10 Garrison Avenue
Durham, New Hampshire
This program can be conducted on-site and designed around the needs of a group of managers from your organization. You can also form a consortium of a few organizations and work together. Contact Dan McCarthy at 603-862-3311.
Participants may cancel their registration and receive a full refund of their tuition if notification is submitted 31 business days prior to the date of the event. 75% of the program fee will be refunded 30 - 15 days before the program start date. No refunds will be issued if cancelation is received 14 business days or less prior to the event.
We reserve the right to cancel for any reason, including lack of participation, without penalty to the participant.
A sample schedule for the 6 day Leadership Certificate Program follows. Please note, this schedule is subject to change. A more detailed agenda will be presented to enrolled participants.
The most successful participants partner with a sponsor early in the program preparation process, often it is the participant’s manager. Sponsors:
- Help define overall program goals and expectations
- Identify and oversee an appropriate “stretch” strategic application project
- Interpret course content for the work environment
Accelerate your leadership potential. Enjoy these participant benefits:
- Advance your own “Strategic Application Project” with professional instruction, one-on-one coaching, and peer review
- Use 360-degree assessment to gain a current perspective of your Emotional Intelligence
- Receive lots of feedback including two hours of one-one-one coaching
- Prepare for future roles
- Build self-awareness of leadership strengths and create a post-program development plan
- Analyze your management style, conflict management style, team emotional intelligence with proven assessment instruments
- Build self-awareness of leadership strengths and create a post-program development plan
- Create meaningful, lifelong professional networking contacts with participants and the Leadership Certificate Program’s accomplished instructors
- Much more!
Organizations large and small take advantage of this program to train individuals and small groups in Leadership. Others bring the program in-house for a group of employees. The benefits to the organization are many.
- Profit from cost effective assessment and coaching
- Cash in on UNH faculty expertise, plus peer consulting, on participant’s own Strategic Application Project
- Build company leadership bench strength
- Access university business school caliber deliverables
- Effect employee turnover and succession plans
- Create organizational value through this investment in human assets
- Much more!
Who should attend?
The Leadership Certificate Program is designed for individuals with five or more years of progressive management experience who are at pivotal moments in their careers. Organizations would leverage this program as a way to invest in the development of their high potential leaders.
Participants have typically developed a reasonably extensive business and functional skill set. Thus, the Leadership Certificate Program explores leadership broadly and deeply.
You can expect to be in the company of other high-achieving leaders who face similar challenges and opportunities. Peer coaching, collaboration, and the establishment of lasting networks are essential elements of the learning experience.
- A Manager who is assuming a new role, initiative, responsibility or team
- A successful manager not yet (or not recently) exposed to best practices in leadership, management, motivation
- A successful supervisor, project manager, etc. who wants to prepare for a future role in management
- A high potential individual contributor seeking to develop leadership capabilities
- Those tasked with teaching other people management skills, a coach, trainer, or consultant
- One seeking self-improvement through comprehensive assessment of management skill and style, with coaching
Admission is self-selecting. Content will be taught at a pace that assumes at least five years of work experience in progressively responsible roles. Rapid growth and rapid change are reasons people frequently cite for selecting this program.
To register, participants should enroll and pay online. Click the "Register Here" button below. There is an option to pay by invoice if you prefer.
Candidates who wish to discuss admission to the program before registering should request an appointment by calling 603-862-5203 or emailing Exec.Ed@UNH.edu.
Early Bird pricing ends six weeks before the program start date. Registrations are accepted until the class is full. Twenty-five participants is the class cap.
For a program consultation, please contact us at 603-862-3311 or ExecEd@unh.edu.
"I’ve got a long list of things I’m taking away."
Chuck Lloyd, Vice President of Enrollment and Student Affairs,
New Hampshire Technical Institute
"It’s a completely new perspective on the old."
Erik Sobel, Manager of Network and Technical Services, Northeast Delta Dental
I love the collaboration, the diversity of the group. You’re with people from different industries with different lengths of service in those industries. It’s been a great collaborative learning environment. A lot of fun.
Lisa Byers, Human Resources Officer, Bank of New Hampshire
"I think it’s been good to learn a balance of self-leadership and also organizational leadership. Learn about myself but also how to go back and lead an organization. It’s been a nice balance."
Chuck Lloyd, Associate Vice President of Enrollment and Student Affairs, New Hampshire Technical Institute
Program faculty talk about their segments:
Dr. George Roth:
Find a practice field for leadership skills
Dr. Michael Kukenberger on teams:
Top leadership skill to begin developing now
Dan McCarthy on leadership development
Leadership development goals for 2017
Boost your career with a Leadership Certificate
Dr. Peter Lane:
Making High Stakes Strategic Decision