NEW HAMPSHIRE CENTER FOR FAMILY ENTERPRISE
ANNUAL AWARDS CRITERIA
The Center for Family Enterprise celebrates the accomplishments of small and large businesses that exemplify the following criteria in the following categories:
FAMILY BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
The company continues to stand the test of time by overall growth in revenues, employees, and profits.
- Positive family-business linkage
The business is indeed a business, but its emphasis and brand centers on primarily on the family. This is articulated and acted on in terms of values, leadership, finances, and management, and there is a clear evidence that the business looks to its family origins as a strategy in strengthening the family and maximizing the potential of its members.
- Multiple generation family business involvement
The family ownership, management, operations and/or control has successfully spanned at least two generations.
- Contributions to community and industry
The family business has provided leadership, service, and/or financial support to industry associations, charitable causes and community groups.
- Innovative business practices or strategy
Over time, the family has developed innovative business strategies and practices that have led to growth, longevity and appropriate re-creation.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The purpose of this award is to recognize an outstanding member of the seasoned generation for his/her commitment to the family businesses success and the contribution to the successful and harmonious transfer of the business to the next generation.
- The member has devoted much of his/her career to the family business and has been actively involved in the ownership and management.
- The member has a strong desire and commitment to keeping the business in the family.
- The member has mentored the next generation and provided access to leadership training and other mentors.
- The member has worked to achieve a tranquil transfer of ownership and leadership to the next generation.
- The member has been involved and supported the UNH Center for Family Enterprise and its programs.
- The member has willingly assisted other family-owned businesses in the transition process.
- The member has made meaningful contributions to the community and industry.