About the Scholarship
The Shaughnessy Family Scholarship Fund was established to support Paul College students participating in the Washington Center Program (TWC), with additional priority given to first-generation college students. The Shaughnessy Family generously provides $5,000 in funds a year to be awarded to one or more deserving recipients. The scholarship provides support to Paul students who demonstrate high merit and the need of additional funding to take advantage of the high-quality TWC opportunity, and may experience difficulty participating or accepting the opportunity otherwise.
Students applying for this scholarship must also meet eligibility requirements for TWC and complete an application with the UNH-TWC liaison. To receive this scholarship, the recipient(s) must provide proof of acceptance/participation to The Washington Center Program.
Who is eligible?
- Students must be Paul College rising juniors/seniors in good standing with both Paul College and the University, and must have earned at least 16 of those credits at Paul College.
- Paul College applicants must meet all the UNH-The Washington Center Program eligibility requirements, such as credit standing, GPA standing, application and program requirements. Please check the full list of requirements at https://www.unh.edu/washington/unh-twc-eligibility-requirements
- Applicants must complete UNH-TWC application process with the UNH TWC liaison by the posted program deadlines.
- Applicants/Recipients will be required to provide proof of acceptance/participation to TWC program in order to utilize funds.
- Application Form (complete below)
- Essay (500 words or less) - please address the following:
- Why are you pursuing The Washington Center program?
- How will these funds enable you to pursue this opportunity? If possible, please provide specific detail of how the money will be used and why these funds will support your pursuit of this opportunity.
- Resume (attach to email)
Applications must be received by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, April 3, 2020.
Recipients will be notified by Friday, May 15, 2020.
Please make sure your full name is included as part of your file name, and at the top of your essay and resume.
If you have any questions, please contact Jen Chagnon, Assistant Director of Academic Programs, Paul College at Jennifer.Chagnon@unh.edu.CLICK HERE to attach your resume and essay files to an email.