The Rutman/Och Advancing Women’s Leadership Initiative was created to educate high-performing young leaders who are committed to advancing women’s leadership in business and economics. Our goal is to graduate students with:
- aspiration and preparation to pursue leadership roles in their organizations
- knowledge, skills, and opportunities to build successful and meaningful careers
- appreciation of the value of gender diversity and commitment to promoting women’s leadership in their workplaces
Students of all genders are encouraged to apply!
Competitive applicants for this award generally:
- Rank in the top 30% of their graduating class (or equivalent level for unranked schools, as determined by GPA and/or information on the school profile)
- Show a strong college preparatory curriculum and consistent achievement
- Achieve standardized test scores of 1200+ SAT or 25+ ACT composite
- Students who are eligible for the Peter T. Paul Scholarship are not eligible to apply for the Rutman Fellows scholarship have relevant
- Have current leadership experience
- Show genuine interest in advancing women in business
- Demonstrate future-oriented thought
Students must remain in good academic standing, including maintaining a minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA once matriculated in Paul College, as well as active, sustained participation in provided leadership programming. The leadership programming will include early move in during the first year, regular cohort meetings, access to alumni mentors, guidance from upper-class student advisors, and participation in activities such as Leadership Camp and the annual Women in Business Conference.
Any questions about this program may be directed to:
Academic Counselor, Paul College Undergraduate Programs and Advising