UNH research: Elderly tax breaks have little impact on moves

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 - 8:30am

“If state policy makers really want to help the poorest elderly households they should consider extending the refundable earned income tax credit to those over age 65 or enacting some other kind of refundable low-income tax credit so that the household could actually receive a payment from the government,” said Karen Smith Conway, professor of economics and a fellow at the Carsey School.

Fosters Daily Democrat