Sophomore year is the year of opportunity!
This defining year may take you in unexpected directions and help you discover new mentors, research areas, and intellectual passions or may help to strengthen existing ones. There are a plethora of resources at UNH to help explore your interests and meet your goals but it is up to you to take advantage of these opportunities. Sophomore year is about discovery and finding the right academic path that fits your needs and ambition for the future.
- Like to travel? Check out the Center for International Education. With over 500 approved programs, UNH offers you the world! Studying abroad prepares you professionally and personally to lead and face global challenges through citizenship and engagement.
- If your not sure about studying abroad but want a different experience then National Student Exchange may be for you! Study at any of the 170 colleges across the United States, US territories and Canada. Expand your curriculum, strike out on your own and widen your horizons.
- Spend a semester in Washington, DC through The Washington Center internship program. UNH students have worked in offices such as the DC Public Defender's Office, US Marshal Service, Amnesty International, private law firms and more.
- Get involved on campus! Join a club/organization! Check out Wildcat Link for more information.
- Meet with a Career Advisor to start on your resume, find an internship and discuss all the career possibilities that lay before you. It is never too early to start planning your career.
- Connect with Faculty in Paul College! Faculty members provide so much more than just a lecture! They are mentors, advocates and your greatest resource to help set the stage for your future success.
Click here to be redirected to the Undergraduate Advising website.
The Paul College Undergraduate Programs & Advising Office will host the 2nd Annual Sophomore Conference on Saturday, September 12 from 8:30a-1:30p. This conference will help to deepen your connection to the University and allow for self-exploration. Joshua Fredenburg, a renowned speaker/author, will start the event off as the keynote speaker. Joshua brings 14 years of experience and knowledge on leadership and career strategies that will engage, challenge, and inspire emerging leaders about the importance of possessing effective leadership skills that will make a positive impact on society.. In addition to the keynote address, a series of engaging breakout sessions will be presented by UNH Faculty, Staff, Students and Alumni. Session topics include:
- Choosing a major
- Study Abroad
- Matching skills with careers paths
- Connecting with recent Paul College alumni
- Getting engaged with the UNH community and beyond
- Creating balance in and out of the classroom
- Networking 101
- And much more
Space is limited to the first 200 students so make sure to register today. Lunch will be provided.
-Log in to Wildcat Advising (use your UNH username and password)
-Go to Events/Workshops
-Find the PAUL Sophomore Conference