- Financial Measures and Pricing in the Municipal Bond Market
- Financial (Governmental) Reporting and Disclosure Regulation
Ph.D., Business Administration-Accounting, University of South Florida
M.S., Accounting, University of Tennessee (Chattanooga)
B.S., Accounting, University of Tennessee (Chattanooga)
Linda is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Accounting and Finance. She joined the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics in Fall 2013. Linda's research and teaching interests include both financial and governmental & nonprofit accounting.
Prior to joining the University of New Hampshire (UNH), Linda was a Fiscal Director for a Component Unit of the State of Tennessee and she taught accounting courses at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and the University of South Florida. She has also been a visiting professor at Georgia State University.
Since joining UNH, Linda's research has also been published in various peer-reviewed academic journals including Accounting Horizons (forthcoming), Advances in Accounting, and Journal of Accounting Education. Linda has also been recognized for her teaching with the Alan Freeman Award/Prize for outstanding teaching in the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics Graduate (MSA) Accounting Program.
- Plante, C. and L. Ragland (2017) "Do Hospitals Earn Their Nonprofit Status?" Forthcoming in Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting, and Financial Management.
- Ragland, L. (2017) “The Association between Compensated Absences Liabilities and Interest Cost on Public School Districts’ General Obligation Bonds," Accounting Horizons , 31 (1) pages 37-55.
- Ragland, L. and J. Reck. (2016) “The Effects of Disaggregating a Complex Item across the Face of a Financial Statement on Nonprofessional Investors’ Judgments,” Advances in Accounting, 34(1) pages 77-89.
- Rackcliffe-Ramachandran, U. and L. Ragland (2016) "Excel in the Accounting Curriculum: Perceptions from Accounting Professors,” Accounting Education: an International Journal 25(2) pages 139-166.
- Ragland, L. and U. Ramachandran (2014) "Towards an Understanding of Excel Functional Skills Needed for Careers in Public Accounting,” Journal of Accounting Education 32(2): 113-129.
- Murthy, U. and L. Ragland (2009--during Ph.D. studies) “Towards an Understanding of Accounting Information Systems as a Discipline: A Comparative Analysis of Topical Coverage in AIS and MIS Courses,” AIS Educator Journal 4(1): 1-15.