International education is a high priority of Paul College with many Education Abroad opportunities available. Through semester long and short term program options, students have the ability to immerse themselves in different cultural environments to better prepare for a career in a globalized business industry. Students in Paul College have studied abroad in a variety of countries including but not limited to Australia, China, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Portugal and Spain.
Beyond the hundreds of programs offered by the Center for International Education and Global Engagement, students in Paul College have the option of participating in faculty led programs to destinations such as Ascoli Picenso, Italy; Budapest, Hungary; the Caribbean; Dominican Republic; and Dijon, France. Students are encouraged to begin planning their study abroad experience early on in their academic career. In most cases, students are able to take a semester abroad without losing any time towards graduation.
In addition to Education Abroad, there are many other options students can elect to participate in to gain an international perspective. Through internships abroad, research grant programs, and volunteering, students can gain practical hands on experience while expanding their network and perspective. Learn more about the Work, Intern, Volunteer opportunities by visiting this website.
Congrats on taking the first step towards an unforgettable life changing experience! Studying abroad can be an intimidating process but Paul College and the Center for International Education & Global Engagement work very closely together to help students achieve their dreams.
You might be asking yourself:
- Will this delay my graduation?
- How do I know what country will be the right fit for me?
- How will my credits transfer and will I take courses for my major abroad?
- Is it better to study abroad in fall or spring semesters?
While each student situation is unique, Paul College Undergraduate Advisors work extremely hard to make sure you remain on track by taking courses that work towards UNH graduation requirements. It is very unlikely you will delay graduation by studying abroad for a semester or in some cases a year!
To learn more about the academic process for studying abroad and which locations might be better for certain Paul College majors - click here!
We want to hear about your amazing time studying abroad! Every international experience is unique so here is your chance to share your story and inspire other students to embark on their own journey. There are multiple ways to get involved. You can participate in any or all of the following ways:
1) Enter the Photo Contest and have a chance for your artwork to be displayed in the Undergraduate Programs Office. Click here to enter!
2) Submit short stories and/or reflections of your experiences to have posted on this website and shared in print publications. Click here to share!
3) Become a UNH Global Ambassador/Peer Mentor! Help to encourage other students to take the leap to study abroad and have a life changing experience. Learn more here or email Leo Meijer in CIEGE (firstname.lastname@example.org)!