The Paul College faculty have developed a number of courses for non-majors which, when combined with certain elective courses, can constitute a Minor in Business Administration.
The specific courses required for the minor are:
- ECON 402: Principles of Microeconomics
- ACFI 501*: Survey of Accounting or ADMN 502: Financial Accounting
- MKTG 550*: Survey of Marketing
- MGT 580*: Introduction to Organizational Behavior
* These courses do not carry credit towards Paul College Majors and are not open to Business Administration or Hospitality Management majors.
In addition, one elective from among the following courses:
- ACFI 640: Topics in Finance
- ADMN 420: Business Statistics (pre-requisite ADMN 403 and Math)
- ADMN 503: Managerial Accounting (pre-requisite ADMN 502)
- DS 598: Topics in Decision Sciences
- MGT 598: Topics in Management
- MKTG 557: Promotion and Advertising
- MKTG 559: Foundations of Personal Selling
- MKTG 598: Topics in Marketing
- ECON 401: Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 625: Economic History of the United States
- ECON 698: Topics in Economics (pre-requisites vary, check course descriptions)
- The courses may be taken in any order, you are responsible for checking pre-requisites for the elective course.
- Capacity in most of the courses is limited.
- Following University policy, you must complete 20 semester hours with a grade of C- or better and a 2.0 grade point average.
- Courses taken on a Pass/Fail basis may not be used toward the minor.
- No more than 8 credits used by the student to satisfy major requirements may be used for the minor.
- No transfer courses may be used toward the minor.
- ACFI 501, MKTG 550 and MGT 580 are for the Business Administration Minor only, they do not carry credit toward Paul College Majors.