***Due to planned curriculum changes in 2020, applications are not being accepted for Fall 2019 admissions to the M.A. in Economics. We hope you will check back with us in Summer 2019 for details about the revised program and information on how to apply for Fall 2020 admissions.***
Start in August, finish in May. In this rigorous 36-credit program you'll master the quantitative and cutting-edge research skills needed to launch a high-value career. Paul College’s program is one of the most rigorous in the country, and one of the best, ranked 37 in the U.S. by The Financial Engineer (TFE).
Learn advanced economic theory, econometric and data analysis, and code in SAS and R all in one year. Attend a weekly research seminar and work on your own with two faculty members. Choose electives in such areas as international trade and finance, environmental and resource economics, health economics, data analysis and information management and international business.
YOU'LL EARN YOUR DEGREE IN 10 MONTHS, MEANING LESS TIME TO GRADUATE SCHOOL AND MORE TIME IN THE MARKETPLACE
M.A. PROGRAM RANKED NATIONALLY BY TFE TIMES
JOB PLACEMENT FOR M.A. PROGRAM ALUMNI SIX MONTHS POST-GRADUATION
WE STAND OUT FROM THE COMPETITION
- Our research-active faculty are national experts in areas including environmental, health, labor, public and international economics, as well as economic theory, macroeconomics and econometrics. They bring the analytical tools and cutting edge insights to their teaching.
- The small classroom setting and formal mentoring creates the more intimate feel of a liberal arts college within the dynamic environment of a major research university.
- We have a dedicated Career and Professional Success office to help you land that job.
Paul College’s program is one of the most rigorous in the country, and one of the best, ranked 37 in the U.S. by The Financial Engineer (TFE). Students earn their degree in 10 months.
- Emphasizes quantitative and data-analysis skills highly sought after by the private and public sector
- Flexibility to take courses from our MBA program
- Capstone research project with one-on-one mentoring
- Coursework counts toward Ph.D. degree
- Scholarships available
Where Are They Now?
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MANUFACTURERS
GLOBAL ECONOMICS GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
PUBLIC CONSULTING GROUP
Watch this video to learn more about the economics program faculty, including Michael Goldberg, Todd H. Crockett Professor of Economics and winner of the 2016 UNH Graduate Faculty Mentor Award.
10 Garrison Ave.
Durham, NH 03824
+1 (603) 862-1367
TTY Users 7-1-1 or 800-735-2964 (Relay NH)