With a Windows Mobile phones, the Apple iPhone and the Apple iTouch you can receive real-time push email, contacts, calendars and tasks from the UNH Exchange server. You can stay connected by having your emails, contacts, calendars, and tasks synchronized to and from your mobile device. Please note that security settings on the UNH email servers require that if you configure your mobile device to sync with your UNH email that you will be forced to create a passcode to access your mobile device
Steps to set up Exchange on a Windows Mobile Phone using ActiveSync
- From the windows icon in the upper left corner, go to Programs > ActiveSync.
- Select Menu > Configure Server.
- In Server address, enter exchange.unh.edu.
- There should already be a checkmark next to This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection. If not, please make sure it is checked.
- Select Next.
- Enter your username and password. For the domain, enter ad.unh.edu.
- Select Save password, which will put a checkmark in the checkbox.
- Select Next.
- Select the check boxes for the types of information items that you want to synchronize with Exchange Server. I would leave all of them checked.
- You can scroll down to select Email and then click on the Settings button. Here are typical preferences:
- For Download the past: 3 days
- Leave Message Format as HTML
- For Download size limit: 20KB or Entire Message (if you are using a slow wireless connection, you may want to limit message size, attachment size, and the frequency of synchronization to help reduce the amount of data consumed by your device. Note: If you choose to limit the download size, the partially downloaded message will contain a link that prompts you to receive the rest of the message. If you click it and are using windows mobile 6, it will start downloading it immediately. If you’re using windows mobile 5, it will download it the next time you synchronize)
- Click OK in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select Finish.
Next, it should have you back at the active sync screen. It will most probably sync automatically, but if not, click on the green ActiveSync button from the programs folder.
Once it syncs successfully, if you would like it to sync other folders you generally sync such as the Sent Items, you can do this by going into Outlook email on the phone and then choosing Menu > Tools > Manage Folders. From here, you can select the other mailboxes you would like synced and then click on the OK in the upper right corner.
Steps to set up Exchange on an iPhone\iTouch\iPad using Exchange ActiveSync
Before you start, please verify that your mobile contract includes the AT&T Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone.
- From the Home screen, tap the Settings button.
- Scroll down and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account and then Microsoft Exchange.
- In the specified fields:
- In the Email: field, enter your UNH email address, in the form: firstname [dot] lastname [at] unh [dot] edu
- In the Domain: field, type ad.unh.edu
- In the User Name: field, type your UNH ITID or username (e.g., abc123).
- In the Password: field, type your UNH AD/Exchange password.
- In the Description: field, type a name to help you identify this account, ex. UNH Exchange.
- Tap the ON button in the Use SSL field.
- Tap Next.
- In the Server: field, type exchange.unh.edu
- Tap Next again.
Note: You may be asked to accept a certificate during the initial setup. Tap the Accept Button.
- Tap the ON button for any services you would like to synchronize and then tap the Done button.
- Note: If you choose to synch your calendar and contacts, any existing calendar and contact information on the device will be overwritten. So, if you are using contacts on your sim card, you may choose not to sync your iphone with the Exchange contacts. Additionally, iTunes will no longer synch contacts and calendars with your computer. The first time you access your mailboxes, it may take some time to download the messages.