The mission of the Department of Hospitality Management at the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics is to maintain itself as an accredited academic unit of exceptional quality that provides the highest possible level of academic service to our hospitality constituents in the areas of teaching, research and scholarship, university service, and community assistance/development. In addition, we will strive to emphasize important elements of hospitality management in all activities with a special emphasis on ethics, sustainability and globalization. This mission will be accomplished through:
- Educating students by employing significant hands on experiential activity to learn the art of service as well as the operational and financial fundamentals of managing a hospitality enterprise.
- The development of graduates who will pursue positions at the managerial- and executive-levels in the hospitality, tourism and allied service industries.
- The creation and dissemination of exceptional research.
- The delivery of service activities to the hospitality and related industries, as well as to the academic community.
- Developing partnerships with business, government, and not-for-profit communities that will foster collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and alumni while contributing to the sustainable economic development of New Hampshire.