The Whittemore School faculty has developed a number of courses for non-majors which, when combined with certain elective courses, can constitute a Minor in Business Administration.
The specific courses required for the minor are:
- ADMN 502: Financial Accounting
- MKTG 550: Survey of Marketing*
- MGT 580: Introduction to Organizational Behavior*
- ECON 402: Principles of Economics (Micro)
One elective from the following:
- ADMN 420: Business Statistics
- ECON 401: Principles of Economics (Macro)
- ECON 515: Economic History of the United States
- ECON 518: European Economic History
- ECON 651: Government Regulation of Business
- ECON 656: Labor Unions and the Working Class
None of the required courses have prerequisites, and they may be taken in any order. The capacity in most of the courses is limited. Following University policy, a student must complete 20 semester hours with a grade of C- or better and a 2.0 grade point average. Courses taken on a pass/fail basis may not be used for a minor. At the present time, no transfer courses may be used toward the minor.
*These courses are not open to Business Administration or Hospitality Management majors, and do not carry credit toward either of those majors.