HΣΔ - March 2012
Front Row (L-R): Sara K. Schmidt, Lauren E. Alfano, Kelly L. Heinze, Lauren R. MacDonald, Christine M. Robichaud, Amanda J. Soucy, Donna Stickney
Back Row (L-R): Jeffrey Sneeringer, Emily A. Sackmann, Jacqueline R. McCarrick, Christina DiSanto, Michele Venezio, Andrew Luhrmann, Professor Clayton Barrows
CONGRATULATIONS new Eta Sigma Delta members!
|Lauren E. Alfano
Kristen D. Cote
Kelly L. Heinze
Marissa A. Iacono
Molly K. Jackson
|Jessica A. Lloyd
Lauren R. MacDonald
Jacqueline R. McCarrick
Kylie A. Raymond
Christine M. Robichaud
|Emily A. Sackmann
Sara K. Schmidt
Amanda J. Soucy
Elisabeth A. Townsend
Barbara A. Williams
2012 Eta Sigma Delta Officers
Christina DiSanto – President
Allison Rambone – Vice President
Michele Venezio – Treasurer
Emily Ballard – Secretary
Dr. Clayton Barrows – Chapter Advisor
History - In 1978, a group of students from the University of New Hampshire's Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics identified a need to recognize hospitality and tourism students for outstanding academic achievement, meritorious service and demonstrated professionalism. At that time, honor societies existed for other disciplines, but not for the field of study serving one of the world's largest industries.
As a special project, the students researched and evaluated a variety of options for fulfilling this need. The end result was the establishment of the first chapter of Eta Sigma Delta International Hospitality Management Society. Today, there are over 60 active Eta Sigma Delta chapters throughout the world. The growth is testament to the dedication of both students and professionals in hospitality and tourism to the pursuit of academic, professional and personal excellence.
The guidance and support of International CHRIE has made it possible for ESD to grow. It is the intent that this Society will lead hospitality and tourism educators and professionals to the highest levels of professionalism and achievement.
Eta Sigma Delta's Points of Honor -
- EXCELLENCE: Eta Sigma Delta upholds a continuous pursuit of excellence in all we do. Through the quest for excellence, we pledge to uphold high standards for both academic and professional achievement.
- LEADERSHIP: A Leader is like a light held high that brightens the way for others. Let us pledge that in our personal and professional relationships, we will demonstrate the qualities of great leadership.
- CREATIVITY: Eta Sigma Delta realizes that our ability to think creatively will affect the future of our professions and that our innovation will in turn lead to better decisions and outcomes.
- SERVICE: Eta Sigma Delta acknowledges the great importance of service. After all, it is service that makes the hospitality industry so unique. May our concern for others help promote our professional success and inspire us to lead lives of exceptional service.
- ETHICS: The consideration of ethics will always be upon us. Ethics guide our personal and professional decision-making and define the persons that we are.