The Advanced Food and Beverage Management students at the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics will host a gourmet dinner and brunch series in November 2014. Stay tuned for details.
Tickets will be announced as we get closer to the event
e would like to thank our sponsors. Without their generosity we could not offer the beautiful, often local, items on the menu and around the dining room. We would also not be able to offer tickets to students in need.
If you are interested in sponsoring an item on the menu, entertainment, décor including floral arrangements, tickets for aspiring students, or other areas of interest, please contact Donna Stickney at email@example.com . All sponsors will be listed on our sponsorship page on this website and menu night of the dinner. We greatly appreciate your support as this is a non-profit experience.
To become a Gourmet Dinner sponsor, please complete the Online Sponsorship Form.
Check out Facebook for individual student profiles!
The Gourmet Team is comprised of Advanced Food and Beverage students majoring in Hospitality Management. The Gourmet Dinner serves as an opportunity to apply fundamentals learned through other classes in the program. The dinner gives the students real world, hands-on experience, as they are responsible for all aspects of the event; planning and preparing the menu, selling and marketing the event, managing the finances and all that goes into creating an enjoyable night for you!
Fall 2014 menu will be presented in October 2014.
More to Follow
Greetings from UNH Hospitality Advanced Food and Beverage Class!
- Purchases are not refundable.
- Gourmet Dinners are not suitable for children.
- The dinners will be held rain, shine or snow.
- You will receive directions in a confirmation email that will be sent approximately 14 days prior to dinner. Directions are also available on this site.
- Alternative meals due to food allergies or vegetarian diets are available for the event. While we certainly respect dietary choices, we're unable to create additional menus for those with likes and dislikes. We would be happy to recommend restaurants that may be better suited for your enjoyment. Keep in mind, this is a new learning experience for our students and to offer multiple menus is very difficult for professional caterers, let alone students.
- Dinners are served seated and the largest table accommodates 10 guests. If you prefer to have your party sit together, please type first and last names in the ‘notes’ field at the bottom of the ticket purchase page when you make your reservation.
- Our green mission: food scraps are composted through UNH dining, and we strive to buy local when feasible and available. We do recycle.
What to Wear
Suitable attire for Gourmet Dinners held on campus at Paul College - suit and tie for men, and suit, dress or other fine attire for women is highly recommended. This is a fine dining experience. Outerwear and umbrellas will be collected at the welcome table to help the evening feel more intimate and comfortable.
Cancellations & Ticket Transfers
Refunds are NOT available. You are welcome to transfer your reservation to friends or family or to that nice person you met on Facebook but you absolutely MUST contact us with a first and last name and an email address for the new ticket holder 5 days prior to the event.
Reservations may be made online by going to https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=15605. Tickets are $60 for purchase online only. Tickets will not be sold at the door. We do not accept credit cards by phone or checks at the door.
Your evening begins at 5:00pm with a cocktail hour in the Paul College Great Hall, 10 Garrison Avenue on UNH's main campus in Durham. Dinner will be from 6:00-8:00pm. Beverages will be served if you choose to incur the cost (beverages are generally not included in the $60 menu price) and then a delectable meal with local food when available will be served beginning at 6:05pm. Throughout the evening you'll have a chance to share a glass of wine with old and new friends, eat amazing food, and unwind, all the while helping to support UNH hospitality students. A brief speech by the students will conclude the evening with a toast to all who worked long, difficult at times, hours to put on this event. The entire process from marketing to polishing and sorting silverware is provided on behalf of our students.
If you are interested in sponsoring an item on the menu, entertainment, décor including floral arrangements, please contact Donna Stickney at firstname.lastname@example.org . All sponsors will be listed on our sponsorship page on this website and menu night of the dinner. We greatly appreciate your support as this is a nonprofit function.
Dinners conclude at approximately 8:00pm. Dinner is $60 per person and includes all food, non-alcoholic beverages and gratuity.
Gourmet Dinners held on campus in the Great Hall at the Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics.
10 Garrison Avenue, Durham NH 03824
- C-Lot (Next to Memorial Union Building, to entrance, follow Main Street and take a right on Mill Road)
- T-Lot (Between Hamilton Smith and Thompson Hall)
- Meters behind Stoke Hall
- Meters on Main Street and Pettee Brook Lane
- Meters on Quad Way after Memorial Union Building (take right on Quad Way from Main Street)
- Meters off Strafford Avenue near New England Center (Take a left on Garrison)
Parking Lots Free of Charge after 6pm near Paul College:
- From Main Street, take left on Garrison and park behind Stoke Hall on left
- From Main Street, take a right just after Hamilton Smith and just before Holloway Commons/the Memorial Union Building (J-Lot)
- From Main Street, take a left on Edgewood Road, then a right on Strafford, parking available at the New England Center
- From Main Street, take a left on Edgewood Road, left at the Elliot Alumni Center, parking available at Elliot Alumni Center
For more information about Gourmet Dinners, please contact:
Peter T. Paul College of Business and Economics
Department of Hospitality Management
During the academic year, Advanced Food and Beverage students majoring in Department of Hospitality Management delight the University community with themed Gourmet Dinners. The Gourmet Dinners are an opportunity for students to apply fundamentals learned through classes in the program, and give the students real-world, hands-on experience. Students are responsible for all aspects of the event: planning and preparing the menu, selling and marketing the event, managing finances, and creating an enjoyable night for all who attend.
License to Dine
Aura - Indulge in Color
Taste of the Twenties: A Gatsby Affair
A Tribute - The Gourmet Dinner
Dash - Spice up the Conversation
VentiQuattro, an Italian-American Restaurant
2nd Annual Twilight Dinner at Woodman Farm
Tracing Roots - A Coast-to-Coast Culinary Experience
Local Fish Dinner - Seacoast Local & Granite State Fish
Twilight Dinner at Woodman Farm
Savor the Elements
A Common Table
Simply Southern, The Heart of Hospitality
A Season to Remember
The Flavor of Jazz
La Dolce Vita
Mediterranean Ports of Call