In McConnell Hall, we have 3 different style classrooms in terms of technology. Below is a tutorial on how each one works.
WSBE Laptop Ready classrooms: (212, 215, 306, 308, 318, Reading Room, Dean's Conference Room, and the Faculty Lounge)
The Laptop ready classrooms are a fairly basic setup. There is a ceiling mounted LCD projector and a two button control panel on the wall. There are laptops stored in each of these classrooms in a white box. These are for WSBE faculty use only. The laptop boxes have a combination lock on them. Please contact the IT office to get the code to that box.
To use the projector with a laptop:
- Setup the laptop making sure to plug in the power and Ethernet cables
- Connect the video cable to the back of your laptop. Make sure the cable is plugged into the wall jack near the two button control panel. You'll also want to make sure to plug in the audio cable even if you don't plan to use sound.
- Press and release the PC button on the control panel to turn on the projector.
- Power on your laptop. If you are using the laptop from the room, you will need to login with your AD account. If you don't have an AD account, click here for information on how to get one.
- At the end of class, power off the laptop.
- Press and hold the PC button until the green light next to it stops blinking. The projector will shut off.
- Unplug all the cables.
- Return the laptop and power cable to the white box making sure to lock it up.
To use the projector with a portable VCR or DVD player:
We have DVD/VCR units available for use in these classrooms. To request one, please email wsbe [dot] techs [at] unh [dot] edu with information about what class, when, and where it will be needed.
- Setup the DVD/VCR. You will want to put in close to the input jacks near the control panel.
- Inside the bag with the DVD/VCR is a cable with Red, White, and Yellow connectors. Connect this cable to the input jacks on the wall jack below the two button control panel making sure the other end is plugged into the DVD/VCR. This is the same type cable you've likely used to plug in a dvd player or video game system on your TV at home. Connect the video cable to the back of your laptop.
- Press and release the VIDEO button on the control panel to turn on the projector.
- Turn on the DVD/VCR and put your media in the player. There should be a remote control in the bag for you to control your video. There is a knob on the two button control panel to adjust the sound. Make sure to start low and turn it up as needed.
- At the end of class press and hold the VIDEO button until the green light next to it stops blinking. The projector will shut off.
- Unplug all the cables. Make sure to remove your DVD or VHS tape from the player.
- Put the player and cables back in the bag and return it to the storage closet